Daily Scripture

In the same way, let your light shine in front of others. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 5:16

Friday, November 2, 2012

MIscellaneous

It was a fun week for us at Shining Light.  The children were absolutely adorable, and our teachers got into the spirit of it all too, so we had some good laughs.  Thank you to all the parents who brought treats and goodies for their class.  Hopefully, we didn't send them home with too much sugar...I know our dentist will buy it back from you if need be :)

Next week we are out on Tuesday (6th) for the election (Wms. Co. is out that day).  On Wednesday and Thursday we are going to have Patriotic Day.  No party affiliation I can assure you!  We are going to talk about our flag, country and what an election is.  The colors of the day are RED, WHITE and BLUE, so have your child wear one or more of those colors!  We will do a couple of fun activities to hopefully get our point across.

We are going to have one last big Scholastic order for the year.  I set November and December catalogues on the front foyer desk.  Please feel free to pick up as many as you want.  I plan to place one order per week culminating with our last order on November 28th.  This is the month to get your Christmas books, so please help us by placing an order!  I also asked the teachers to make a wish list of books for their class.  Reading such an important part of our day, and so if you are looking for a way to give back to the classrooms at Christmas, a new book would be just the ticket!

It was brought to my attention that if you place a Scholastic order online, the parents will receive a $5 off coupon for the next order.  Scholastic tends to be hit or miss about sending us those, but we do have some and plan to send those home next week.  I was confused about them, but I have someone who helps me out when I get confused :) (thanks, Marcy!) Once we see how many we have and how many more coupons we need, I will contact Scholastic to get it all straightened out.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!  
Don't forget to set your clocks BACK on Sunday! 
 I will be excited not to get up in  pitch dark now every morning!